Pursuing Women’s Health Clinical Specialist Certification
The American Board of Physical Therapist Specialties (ABPTS) oversees the Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS) board certification. The “WCS” post-nominal initials (meaning, letters behind one´s name) indicates that a physical therapist has proven that he/she has the knowledge, skill, and experience exceeding that of an entry-level physical therapist and unique to the area of women’s health practice. The WCS examination is a comprehensive assessment of all areas described in the Women´s Health Description of Specialty Practice (DSP). Learn more about WCS at www.abpts.org/Certification/WomensHealth/.
WCS STUDY GUIDE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
If you have any questions about the guide or WCS, please contact [email protected].
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements (ABPTS Resource)
- Activities that Constitute as Direct Patient Care (ABPTS Resource)
- WCS Candidate Guide (ABPTS)
- Apply Online (APBTS)
- Check Application Status (ABPTS)
- WCS Exam FAQ
- Have a question? Please, contact [email protected] or call 703.706.8520.
- Template for Setting Up & Maintaining a Study Group
- Purchase a Women’s Health DSP with a Free Self-Assessment Tool
- LinkedIn WCS discussion group