Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide. | Learn more about Member Benefits
- Your Vote Is Needed to Elect 4 New SOWH Board Leaders! — Voting runs now through May 31st midnight EST for the board positions of Secretary, Director of Financial Development, Director of Programming, and Nominating Committee Chair. Update your information with APTA if needed. Section Students, PTAs, and PTs all qualify to vote! See candidate statements and cast your votes here.
- Accepting Applications for JWHPT Editor-in-Chief! – SoWH is seeking an Editor-in-Chief for its three-times-a-year Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy! Deadline for applications is June 15. For qualifications and a job description, click here.
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register before June 15th via Paper Form to get a 10% PTA discount on our regular course rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Elections 2016 SoWH Board of Directors | May 1-31, 2016
- Advanced Topics-Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy | June 2-4, 2016 | Orlando, FL
- NEXT Conference & Exposition | June 8-11, 2016 | Nashville, TN
- Journal Editor-in-Chief Applications are due! | June 15, 2016
- Last day for PTAs to enjoy 10 percent discount on regular course rates | June 15, 2016
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 | June 24-26, 2016 | Orlando, FL
- National Student Conclave | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA