Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide.
- Submit Your Elaine Meadows Research Scholar Award Application – See the criteria here and apply by November 15, 2016!
- PT Code Values Survey: Your Input Is Critical
- A Clinical Practice Guideline Team Needs Volunteers!
- Elizabeth Noble Award Nominations are Due October 10th, 2016!
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Membership Committee Retreat | Oct 20-22, 2016 | McLean, VA
- National Student Conclave (NSC) | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- Elaine Meadows Research Scholar Award Applications Deadline | November 15, 2016
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA