Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients with pelvic and abdominal health issues worldwide. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers, young athletes to men with incontinence or other pelvic health complications. In addition to top-quality continuing education, certification, and Clinical Practice Guidelines, the Section provides the Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, PT Locator directory, lab training in pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy, career resources, and networking.
- 2017 SOWH Elections are now open! Submit your vote today! Voting closes at 11:59 PM ET, May 31, 2017
- 2017 CSM Oxford-Style Dry Needling Debate is Now Available! Watch the video recording of the debate in our Online Store!
- SOWH has launched a free biweekly research newsletter, uPdaTe SmartBrief, focused on pelvic and abdominal physical therapy and health! Members receive this new benefit automatically; nonmembers may subscribe for free. Curated by SOWH research volunteers, this skimmable e-publication delivers news you can use.
- Register now for the ICS Annual Meeting to be held in Florence 12-15 September. With renowned international experts in the research and the treatment of pelvic organs and pelvic floor dysfunctions, with particular regard to incontinence. The meeting is multidisciplinary, bringing together all the professionals working in the field: urologists, gynaecologists, neurologists, physiotherapists, nurses, midwives and basic scientists. www.ics.org/2017
- SOWH Launches New Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan Check out the mission, vision and three-year plan based on your feedback and our data and research! Then consider volunteering to help us move our mission forward!
- PTAs Are Invited To Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- You can engage in research in our field, whether by applying for funding opportunities or participating in surveys and studies! Check out our Research section, which changes regularly.
|2017||May 1-31||SOWH Board Elections
|2017||June 10-11||Simplifying Sacroiliac Dysfunction
San Diego, California
|2017||June 21-24||NEXT Conference & Exposition
|2017||Sept.12-15||International Continence Society Annual Meeting (ICS)
|2017||Oct.19-21||National Student Conclave (NSC)
|2018||Feb. 19-20||SOWH CSM Pre-Conference
New Orleans, Louisiana
|2018||Feb. 21-24||APTA Combined Sections Meeting
New Orleans, Louisiana
|2017||April 28 || Message to SOWH Members from Interel + AMG (your association management company)|
|2017||April 4 || SOWH Honors Outstanding Volunteers for 2017|
|2017||April 3 || SOWH Announces 2017 Education Awards|
|2017||Jan 12 || Section on Women’s Health Honors Two Research Scholars|
|2016||Nov 12 || World-Renowned Pain Expert Peter O’Sullivan to Lead SOWH 2017 Pre-CSM Course|
|2016||Nov 10 || SOWH Offers Record Range of Education on Pelvic and Abdominal Physical Therapy at 2017 APTA Combined Sections Meeting|