Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide.
- Accepting Applications for JWHPT Editor-in-Chief! – SoWH is seeking an Editor-in-Chief for its three-times-a-year Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy! Deadline for applications is July 1. For qualifications and a job description, click here.
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs.
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Journal Editor-in-Chief Applications are due! | July 1, 2016
- Fundamental Topics of Pregnancy & Postpartum PT | July 15-17, 2016 | Washington, D.C.
- PT Day of Service | October 15, 2016
- National Student Conclave | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA