Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide.
- Call for Elizabeth Noble Award Nominations! – Due October 10, 2016. The Elizabeth Noble Award is Section on Women’s Health’s highest honor, and is given to a member in good standing of the Section on Women´s Health of the APTA providing extraordinary and exemplary service to the field of physical therapy for women, or to the Section on Women´s Health of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Application Deadline for Elizabeth Noble Award Nominations | October 10, 2016
- PT Day of Service | October 15, 2016
- Membership Committee Retreat | Oct 20-22, 2016
- National Student Conclave | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA