Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients with pelvic and abdominal health issues worldwide. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers, young athletes to men with incontinence or other pelvic health complications. In addition to top-quality continuing education, certification, and Clinical Practice Guidelines, the Section provides the Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, PT Locator directory, lab training in pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy, career resources, and networking.
- SOWH has launched a free biweekly research newsletter, uPdaTe SmartBrief, focused on pelvic and abdominal physical therapy and health! Members receive this new benefit automatically; nonmembers may subscribe for free. Curated by SOWH research volunteers, this skimmable e-publication delivers news you can use.
- 2017 Volunteer Leadership Nominations are now closed. Board of Directors and Nominating Committee nominations for the 2018 slate will be announced in time for full membership voting starting May 1. Contact Nominating Committee Chair Kirsten Wightman, [email protected], with any questions.
- SoWH Launches New Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan Check out the mission, vision and three-year plan based on your feedback and our data and research! Then consider volunteering to help us move our mission forward!
- PTAs Are Invited To Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- You can engage in research in our field, whether by applying for funding opportunities or participating in surveys and studies! Check out our Research section, which changes regularly.
- Membership voting for the 2018 SOWH Board of Directors begins | May 1, 2017
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA
- National Student Conclave (NSC) | October 19-21, 2017 | P
- Live, Expanded SOWH Courses Run throughout 2017 | January 15, 2017 | Across the U.S.
- APTA Combined Sections Meeting Pre-conference Session with Kari Bo | Feb. 19-20, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
- APTA CSM | Feb. 21-24, 2018 | New Orleans, LA