Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients with pelvic and abdominal health issues worldwide. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers, young athletes to men with incontinence or other pelvic health complications. In addition to top-quality continuing education, certification, and Clinical Practice Guidelines, the Section provides the Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, PT Locator directory, lab training in pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy, career resources, and networking.
- Section on Women’s Health Launches New Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Directors nominations for the 2018 slate are now open! Selected nominees will be elected in 2017 to take office in February 2018. Open positions for the three-year terms are President, Treasurer, Director of Research, Director of Education, and Nominating Committee Member. Position descriptions and applications forms will be available shortly on our website or, now, by contacting 2017 Nominating Committee Chair Kirsten Wightman, [email protected]. Deadline for candidate submission is March 31; membership voting starts May 1.
- Registration is still open to learn from internationally renowned pain expert Peter O’Sullivan February 14-15 when he leads SOWH’s two-day pre-conference session, “Making Sense of Lumbo-Pelvic Pain,” at the APTA Combined Sections Meeting in San Antonio, Texas! Primarily focused on linking research to the clinical setting, Dr. O’Sullivan, Dip Physio, Post Grad Dip Manip Ther, Ph.D., FACP, APAM, is a professor of musculoskeletal physiotherapy at Curtin University in Perth, Australia. In addition to his teaching and research, he works in clinical practice as a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist. Interested CSM attendees and others can register at http://www.apta.org/CSM/Registration. For information about the session, see http://bit.ly/2jx7jhs.
- PTAs Are Invited To Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1, Baton LA | January 13-15, 2017
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2, Dublin, OH | January 20-22, 2017
- Section on Women’s Health 40th Anniversary Celebration | February 16, 2017
- Section on Women’s Health General Business Meeting | February 17, 2017
- CSM 2018 Proposal & Abstract Scholar One Submissions Due | March 17, 2017
- Deadline for SOWH Board of Director candidate submissions | March 31, 2017
- Membership voting for the 2018 SOWH Board of Directors begins | May 1, 2017
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA
- National Student Conclave (NSC) | October 19-21, 2017 | Portland, Oregon
- 2017 Live Courses begin | January 15, 2017 | Across the U.S.