Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers, young athletes to men with incontinence or other pelvic health complications. In addition to top-quality continuing education and development of Clinical Practice Guidelines, the Section provides the peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, a popular PT Locator directory, lab training in pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy, career development resources, and networking.
- The Elaine Meadows Research Scholar Award Application Deadline Is Extended! – See the criteria here and apply by December 15, 2016!
- PT Code Values Survey: Your Input Is Critical
- A Clinical Practice Guideline Team Needs Volunteers!
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- Elaine Meadows Research Scholar Award Applications Deadline | November 15, 2016
- Section on Women’s Health 40th Anniversary Celebration | February 16, 2017
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA
- National Student Conclave (NSC) | October 19-21, 2017 | Portland, Oregon
- 2017 Live Courses begin | January 15, 2017 | Across the U.S.