Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide.
- Thank you to all SOWH members who completed the important membership survey! We had 530 responses, a 22% response rate, which is excellent. With your feedback and ideas, we can ensure we’re offering meaningful, relevant membership benefits, services and products. Congratulations also go to Kasey Carr and Judith Barrett, who each won the student and PT/PTA survey incentive giveaways of a $75 Amazon gift card or a $100 discount off SOWH live course registration! The survey may be closed, but please keep your feedback coming!
- PTAs Can Now Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- Subscribe to the SOWH Blog and follow us on social media to stay updated on news & research related to women’s and men’s health physical therapy; Section benefits and activities; and more! Blog subscriptions: http://www.womenshealthapta.org/blog. Twitter: @womens_PT Facebook: APTA Section on Women’s Health LinkedIn: private group, Section on Women’s Health-APTA.
- PT Day of Service | October 15, 2016
- Membership Committee Retreat | Oct 20-22, 2016
- National Student Conclave | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA