Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients with pelvic and abdominal health issues worldwide. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers, young athletes to men with incontinence or other pelvic health complications. In addition to top-quality continuing education, certification, and Clinical Practice Guidelines, the Section provides the Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, PT Locator directory, lab training in pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy, career resources, and networking.
- SoWH 2017 Nominations are Open. Nomination applications are due March 31, 2017. Board of Directors nominations for the 2018 slate are now open! Selected nominees will be elected in 2017 to take office in February 2018. Open positions for the three-year terms are President, Treasurer, Director of Research, Director of Education, and Nominating Committee Member. Position descriptions and applications forms will be available shortly on our website or, now, by contacting 2017 Nominating Committee Chair Kirsten Wightman, [email protected]. Deadline for candidate submission is March 31; membership voting starts May 1.
- Proposals for the SOWH Research Award of up to $10,000 are due April 1 by 11:59 p.m. EST. This grant is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking to expand our knowledge in the areas of women’s and abdomino-pelvic health through rigorous, scientifically sound research. Multiple projects may be funded. To review the proposal guidelines, visit http://bit.ly/258RXm3.
- SoWH Launches New Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan Check out the mission, vision and three-year plan based on your feedback and our data and research! Then consider volunteering to help us move our mission forward!
- PTAs Are Invited To Take SOWH Live Courses! – The SOWH Board of Directors has opened all live courses, including CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB courses, to PTAs. Register early for best rates!
- You can engage in research in our field, whether by applying for funding opportunities or participating in surveys and studies! Check out our Research section, which changes regularly.
- CSM 2018 Proposal & Abstract Scholar One Submissions Due | March 17, 2017
- Deadline for SOWH Board of Director Nomination submissions | March 31, 2017
- Membership voting for the 2018 SOWH Board of Directors begins | May 1, 2017
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA
- National Student Conclave (NSC) | October 19-21, 2017 | Portland, Oregon
- Live, Expanded SOWH Courses Run throughout 2017 | January 15, 2017 | Across the U.S.