Section on Women’s Health-American Physical Therapy Association (SOWH) is a professional membership association of nearly 3,000 physical therapists treating patients across the life span and around the globe. Members provide the latest evidence-based physical therapy services to everyone from young athletes and childbearing women to peri-menopausal mothers and men with pelvic health complications. In addition to a major focus on providing top-quality continuing education, the Section provides networking opportunities, access to its peer-reviewed Journal on Women’s Health Physical Therapy, inclusion in a popular PT Locator virtual directory, and lab training in women’s health instructed by leading physical therapists nationwide. | Learn more about Member Benefits
- Your Help Is Needed: SOWH Survey on Women’s Health Clinical Education – The SoWH Clinical Education Committee needs to know what the current practices are in women’s health clinical education and which resources clinicians have found helpful for student education andclinician resources would be helpful to members interested in becoming clinical instructors. Please, take a few minutes to share you input!
- Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief! – SoWH is seeking an Editor-in-Chief or its three-times-a-year Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy! For qualifications and a job description, please click here.
- Register for SOWH Live Courses before Early-Bird Rates end! – We still have spaces available in our upcoming summer 2016 courses. Register before the early-bird rates end and while there are still spots available!
- Coming soon: SOWH Board of Directors Elections! – Voting runs May 1 to May 31 for the positions of Secretary, Director of Financial Development, Director of Programming, and Nominating Committee. Update your information with APTA to ensure your vote counts!
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 | May 6-8,2016 | Washington, D.C.
- Advanced Topics-Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy | June 2-4, 2016 | Orlando, FL
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 | June 24-26, 2016 | Orlando, FL
- NEXT Conference & Exposition | June 8-11, 2016 | Nashville, TN
- National Student Conclave | October 27-29, 2016 | Miami, FL
- NEXT Conference & Expositon | June 21-24, 2017 | Boston, MA