Reaching New Horizons in Women’s & Men’s Health
Research is an important part of the Section on Women’s Health. The advancement of women’s and men’s health physical therapy depends on research requiring the participation of investigators, research assistants, and participants. We invite you to become involved in research in one or more of these roles. Below you will find links to research projects which need participants, investigators, and/or research assistants. Some of these may offer payment for participation. Other links may inform you of available opportunities for independent study credit.
To learn about opportunities to participate, follow the links below.
This online resource is provided at no extra cost to members. ? It is updated whenever new studies are sent to the SoWH.
POTENTIAL RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS
- For more information about a specific study, please contact the contact person listed for that particular study.
- To have a study listed on this website, submit your link and any information to be included to Meryl Alappattu at [email protected].
- Pelvic Pain Study – Sansom Institute of Health Research is looking for women women with pelvic pain to take part in an online 15-min survey about how your pain impacts their lives.
INTERESTED IN PROMOTING YOUR RESEARCH TO OUR MEMBERSHIP?
The Section will provide Email Blasts to members in support of a member(s)’ research project when the following criteria are met:
- The person making the request is a member of the Section and is directly involved with the research project.
- The research project is directly related to the practice of women’s health physical therapy.
- The research project has received IRB approval and proof is given to the Section’s Director of Research.
All other requests for research-related Email Blasts will be handled as follows:
- The person making the request is a member in good standing of the Section for at least 1 year.
- The blast is determined by the Board to be of benefit to the membership.
- The person making the request agrees to pay $75 (sent payable to: Executive Director Section on Women’s Health APTA, 8400 Westpark Dr. 2nd Floor, McLean, VA 22102) to cover costs. Payment needs to be received and processed before the Blast will be developed.
Please, send all requests and inquiries to Meryl Alappattu, Director of Research.