Nominations & Elections
Do you know an outstanding person who you think would be a great leader for Section on Women’s Health?
Please note that upon nomination, an e-mail will be sent to the nominee to invite them to complete a Nominee Candidate Application for the 2018 elections. If you have been nominated but did not see an e-mail from Section on Women’s Health inviting you to complete the Nominee Candidate Application, please send us an e-mail at [email protected] for assistance.
- Vice President (Term 2019-2022)
- Director of Communications (Term 2019-2022)
- Director of Practice (Term 2019-2022)
- Nomination Committee Member (Term 2019-2022)
Each position is for a three-year term, commencing at the APTA Combined Sections Meeting in Washington, D.C, January 23-26, 2019. Deadline for candidate submission is March 31, 2018. You must be a current SoWH member that has been a member for a minimum of 2 years to be eligible.
2018 Nominations & Elections Timeline
|January 8, 2018||Nomination Period Opens|
|March 31, 2018||Nominations Period Closes
All forms and head shots must be submitted to SoWH:
• Nomination Form
• Consent to Serve
• Conflict of Interest / Disclosures
• Position Statement
• Headshot (.jpg format)
|May 1, 2018||Elections Open (online)|
|May 31, 2018||Elections Close
11:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
|June 5, 2018||Results Notification
Date by which all candidates are notified of results.
|June 6, 2018||Election Results Announcement
SoWH membership and the public are notified of election results.
|Summer/ Fall 2018||Orientation
For incoming 2019 Officer(s) & Board Member(s)
|October 18-20, 2018|
|Board of Directors Retreat in Chicago, IL
Newly elected officers & directors of the board expected to attend (does not include elected Nominating Committee member).
|January 23-26, 2019||Oath of Office
Board of Directors Meeting
Newly elected Board members and Nominating Committee take office at the 2019 APTA CSM in Washington, D.C.
Why run for a position?
With busy lives, it can be difficult to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you and your professional community! Volunteering can help you expand your network, learn new skills, develop new friendships, and contribute to your physical therapy field.
How long is the Nomination and Election process?
The Nomination Application submission window closes March 31, 2018. Elections will take place in May 2018 and all candidates will be notified of the results by June 5, 2018.
Campaigning Etiquette During Elections
- First and foremost, keep it positive!
- We encourage active campaigning through phone, in-person conversations, text, email and other forms of direct communication. Use your friends and colleagues to spread the word about your candidacy.
- Social media is a great way to make your voice heard. Be mindful that when posting on social media sites, your words, photos and actions reflect back upon the SOWH and APTA. Choose carefully what you say and how you say it. Keep the focus on your campaign and why you are a good choice. Refrain from negative posts about opponents.
- Do not solicit current Board or Nominating Committee members to campaign on your behalf. They are required to remain neutral. They will encourage people to vote but will not speak, email or post on behalf of a particular candidate.
- Have Fun
- Be Creative
- Lastly, Enjoy the Moment!