Submit Your Expenses
Please complete and submit your Expense/Reimbursement Form along with your electronic receipts within 7-10 days of your event/course so that you get promptly reimbursed and we can account for all of your expenses. We can not process a reimbursement check unless we have both the Expense Report and the Receipts in your electronic submission. Please make sure to upload all of your receipts when you complete the Expense or Reimbursement Forms. If you have any questions or about the expense report form or have a question about reimbursement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Volunteer Reimbursement Form *NEW*
- Electronic Education Expense Report Form for SoWH Faculty (Instructors & Lab Assitsants) *NEW*
When Will My Payment Be Processed?
Reimbursement and honorarium checks are processed by the 14th and the last day of the month so we encourage all to submit electronic receipts and expense reports before those two days of the month as we only process payments on those two particular days. If we receive your Expense report and receipts on the 14th or after the 14th, your check payment will be delayed to the next check run at the end of the month. If you submit your receipts and expense report before the 14th, you will receive your check on time via USPS mail within 5-7 business days.
- All Instructors & Lab Assistants: Please, contact Jenn Davia ([email protected]) for overage approval if you anticipate spending above the approved limit. For reference, your spending limit is indicated in your Instructor and Lab Assistant Contracts. Please, make all approval requests at least 2 weeks before the scheduled event.
- All Committee Chairs/Volunteers: Please, contact your supervising Board Member for overage approval or if you are uncertain about how much money you can spend on your travel/per diem. Please, make all approval requests at least 2 weeks before the scheduled event.
- Submit all receipts within 7-10 days of your event/course so that you get promptly reimbursed and we can account for all of your expenses.
- Cab drivers sometimes give a blank receipt card instead of taking the time to write in the paid amount. If your cab driver gives you a blank receipt, please make sure that they fill it out fully and indicate the actual amount paid with the tip included.
- Please, refrain from sending snapshots of bank statements, they will not be admissible as ‘receipts.’ We need an electronic copy of your actual receipts, not bank statements.
- For those that rent a car or decide to drive to the event/course, please remember to save a MapQuest/Google Maps copy of your trip that indicates the miles between your home to the destination and attach to your expense report like you would any of your receipts. Please, remember to do the same for your return trip as well. The reimbursable mileage rate has changed in 2018, please see the Expense Report Form for the new rate.
- Some of our volunteers save all of their receipts in a dedicated Ziploc bag or in one of their wallet compartments for safe-keeping until they are ready to submit them with their Expense Reports. These are great ways to stay on top of all of your receipts and ensure that none are missing when you mail/scan/fax the receipts to us. We want to ensure that we properly reimburse you for all of your approved expenses. It is easy to forget to save a receipt especially when you are traveling or are busy on-site at the event/course.