Research is an important part of the Section on Women’s Health. The advancement of pelvic and abdominal health physical therapy depends on research requiring the participation of investigators, research assistants, and participants. We invite you to become involved in research. Whether you are an investigator with interests in launching/ or funding a research project or interested in participating in someone else’s research project or survey, we invite you to explore the opportunities and resources listed below. For the latest SoWH research-related updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Poster & Platform Presentations
Research Participation | Current Studies
No current research studies listed. To have a study listed on this website, submit your link and any information to be included to Meryl Alappattu at [email protected] or fill out this form so that we can review your full request: Internal Survey Publication Request Form
Supplemental resources from the APTA, PT NOW and the NIH.
APTA: Move Forward PT
- Medline Plus [link one] [link two]
- National Institute of Environment Health Sciences
- Women and Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Office of Research on Women´s Health (ORWH)
- Office of Legislative Policy and Analysis (OLPA)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
“Be a Pioneer” and Increase Research in Women´s Health! The SoWH is partnering with the Foundation for Physical Therapy to specifically increase research in women´s health. When you donate to the SOWH Endowment for Research Excellence, your donation is earmarked specifically for women´s health research. Make a donation.