Federal Government Affairs Chair
Gail Zitterkopf, PT, DPT,CLT, CKTP
- Oct. 3, 2018 | Sports Medicine Clarity Act Going to the President!
- Massive APTA-Supported Opioid Bill Ready for President’s Signature (October 5, 2018) – The final version of the legislation echoes many of the recommendations included in APTA’s white paper on the opioid crisis
The Latest from Government Affairs:September Federal Friday August 7, 2015 – August Federal Friday July 17, 2015 – July Federal Friday June 12, 2015 – PTs Take Over the Hill: Notes from PT Hill Day 2015 May 8, 2015 – May Federal Friday Mar 24, 2015 – Call to Action! The Cap Repeal is in Jeopardy! Mar 13, 2015 – March Federal Friday Feb 13, 2015 – Kicking Off “Federal Fridays”!
Legislative Updates for Spring 2014
1) There continues to be problems with the implementation of FLR. Please continue to encourage members to fill out the complaint form on the website. APTA uses this information to collect data on FLR issues and share those issues with CMS.
2) Health Care Reform: APTA submitted comments on two areas of concern with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Narrowing of provider networks
- Grace period policy
- We´ve highlighted the need for additional standards for provider networks, to ensure the narrowing of these networks does not impede access to physical therapy services.
3) APTA also stated that CMS needs to issue further requirements for insurers regarding notice to providers when a patient enters the grace period, because the burden/financial risk is on the provider.
For federal and state updates, click here to stay updated and to get involved.