Join our Network
Gain access to discounts for courses, educational resources and leadership opportunities!
Already an SoWH member? Sign in to your account here.
Already an APTA member, but not a Section on Women’s Health Member?
You don’t need to wait until your APTA renewal to join the Section on Women’s Health. Receive a prorated price dependent upon your APTA membership renewal date.
Click on “Add a Section” under Applications & Forms.
If you are already an APTA member, join the SoWH! For APTA members, it’s $50/year and $25/year for student APTA members.
For Non U.S. Members: Join our Partners Program!
If you have any questions about our benefits, please contact Kalkidan Gizaw at [email protected].
Please be mindful that Section on Women’s Health is a division of the American Physical Therapy Association. The process for becoming a member of SoWH is via APTA. You will complete a form and receive initial communication furnished by APTA. You will hear confirmation from a SoWH membership representative within 30-60 days of your membership processing. We are thrilled to share next steps for activating your membership with you at that time!
+ PT LOCATOR
Promote your private or clinical practice on PT Locator, our online PT Directory accessible to potential employers, fellow professionals and patients! It’s the most trusted physical therapy resource for patients and general physicians to find you!
+ WOMEN’S HEALTH RESOURCE DIRECTORY
Promote your product/service online for FREE in the Women’s Health Resource Directory accessible to members and non-members who visit our website!
+ CONTINUING EDUCATION DISCOUNTS
Receive discounted rates on education: CSM Pre-Conference(s), Home Study Modules and 45+ Live courses offered across the nation each year on obstetric, postpartum issues, incontinence, pelvic pain, visceral manipulation and other topics (get up to $100 off per registration).
+ PUBLICATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
Receive access to The Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy (JWHPT), our blog, the list of practice topics, ICD-10 coding help, membership directory access and resources about starting a practice.
Your SoWH delegate speaks on behalf of your interests at the APTA House of Delegates. The SoWH Director of Practice represents the interest of women’s health and provides legislative support.
+ NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
Connect with your State or Regional Representative about SoWH activities, stay up to date via email updates that inform you of SoWH news, course discounts and upcoming events. Meet SoWH leaders and committee members at annual events such as the Combined Sections Meeting, annual General Business Meeting, Board in the Bar and other exclusive events.
+ VOLUNTEER & LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Join our 100+ volunteers to become a committee member or chair, state representative or run for our Board of Directors.
+ RECOGNITION OF RESEARCH & CLINICAL EXCELLENCE
SoWH members are eligible to get nominated for the Elizabeth Noble Award, the SoWH highest honor and is given to a person or institution providing extraordinary and exemplary service to the field of physical therapy for women or to the SoWH. The award may be, but is not necessarily, presented on an annual basis. Apply for Research Grant Awards of up to $10,000 (given out annually). SoWH members are eligible to have their poster/platform abstract be considered for presentation at the Combined Sections Meetings (APTA).
+ SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
- Student Special Interest Group (SSIG)
- The SSIG is a diverse and welcoming community for physical therapy students interested in women’s and men’s health and a way to connect and grow professionally. From those who are first hearing of women’s and men’s health physical therapy to those who started PT school knowing this was their passion, all are encouraged to join.
- Early-Professional Special Interest Group (EPSIG)
- The EPSIG is a collaborative group dedicated to enhancing the opportunities and knowledge of early professionals. The EPSIG strives to effectively bridge the gap between student and career professional. Their mission is to best prepare early professionals within the specialization (0-5 years) through mentorship, networking, information, advocacy and leadership.
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy Special Interest Group (PPSIG)
- PPSIG is a SoWH community of professionals having a common interest in the evaluation, treatment and wellness of pregnant and postpartum women. The PPSIG will provide a space where this community may meet, confer, and promote these interests through education, clinical practice and research.