Nominations & Elections
Special Interest Group (SIG) Nominations are Open!
SSIG – Student Special Interest Group
PPSIG – Pregnancy & Postpartum Special Interest Group
EPSIG – Early-Professional Special Interest Group
Call for Nominations: September 1-September 20, 2018
Elections: October 1 -October 31, 2018
EPSIG – President
EPSIG – President-Elect
EPSIG – Vice President
EPSIG – Director of Administration
PPSIG – Chair
PPSIG – Vice Chair
PPSIG – Vice President
PPSIG – Secretary
SSIG – President
SSIG – President Elect
SSIG – Secretary
SSIG – Vice President
President-Elect Elections are Open!
President Elect Elections Voting Window:
August 22 – 11:59pm EST, September 14, 2018
Voting is now closed.
*See voting instructions and eligibility details below.
Secili DeStefano, PT, DPT, OCS
Running for President-Elect
Eligibility: You must be a current SoWH PT or PTA member to vote.
Electronic: You will receive an email on August 22, 2018 from with a voting link and log-in instructions from myDirectVote ([email protected]), a platform dedicated to secure voting and tallying of votes. Your member email address is your user name and your password is your LastNameAPTA#(no space in between). If you do not receive the voting invitation email, please contact our office at [email protected] immediately for assistance.
Paper Ballot: If you wish to vote using a paper ballot, please submit your paper ballot request here.
- First and foremost, keep it positive!
- We encourage active campaigning through phone, in-person conversations, text, email and other forms of direct communication. Use your friends and colleagues to spread the word about your candidacy.
- Social media is a great way to make your voice heard. Be mindful that when posting on social media sites, your words, photos and actions reflect back upon the SOWH and APTA. Choose carefully what you say and how you say it. Keep the focus on your campaign and why you are a good choice. Refrain from negative posts about opponents.
- Do not solicit current Board or Nominating Committee members to campaign on your behalf. They are required to remain neutral. They will encourage people to vote but will not speak, email or post on behalf of a particular candidate.
- Be creative and have fun!