On-Demand Home Study Modules and Online Courses
Do not have the money or time to travel to an in-person regional course? Section on Women’s Health offers a variety of on-demand affordable home study modules and online courses that can easily fit into your schedule and budget! Upon registration, participants receive a purchase confirmation followed by an e-mail with access instructions to the home study materials. The courses consist of case samples, readings, a multiple choice test and a certificate of completion upon successful passing of the course.
Home Study Course Format
- Downloadable PDF text reading, list of recommended complementary readings
- Online multiple-choice question exam
- You need a stable internet connection and a desktop or laptop computer to access the content and exam.
Benefits of Taking a Home Study Course
- Open to Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Student Physical Therapists/Assistants
- Self-paced learning experiences with user-friendly text format and visuals
- Accurate and applicable evidence-based information
- A cost-saving and convenient way to earn contact hours toward your CEUs and license
Offer expires September 30, 2019.
Home Study Modules & Online Courses
|The Nuts & Bolts of Men’s Health with a focus on Prostate Cancer and Peyronies Disease *NEW*||2.0 Hrs|
|Online Course: Level 1: Urogynecological Clinical Evaluation and Treatments||2.0 Hrs|
|Online Course: Trauma Sensitive Physical Therapy Care *NEW*||2.5 Hrs|
|Lymphedema Management in Women´s Health Physical Therapy||3.5 Hrs|
|Physical Therapy Management of Patients with Chronic Pelvic Pain||6.0 Hrs|
|Physical Therapy Management of Osteoporosis: Prevention & Management||4.0 Hrs|
|Medical Management and Physical Therapy Management of High-Risk Pregnancy||4.0 Hrs|
Featured New Online Course
Trauma Sensitive Physical Therapy Care
Presenter: Talli Yehuda Rosenbaum, MSc
Experiencing a traumatic event may elicit a response of overwhelming fear, helplessness, and horror and for many, these feelings can persist well after the danger has passed. Undergoing a trauma can be a life-altering experience, and it can impact feelings and behaviors, as well as work personal and social relationships. The manner in which trauma survivors respond in health care settings, including physical therapy, often reflects their altered sense of safety in the world.
As it is estimated that up to 70% of people worldwide have been exposed to some type of trauma, it behooves health care professionals to apply universal precautions by providing trauma-sensitive and trauma-informed care.
In this on-demand online course designed for physical therapists, participants will learn the basics of trauma, how various types of trauma can affect people, and how trauma can affect how your patient interacts with you in therapy. General physical therapists as well as specialists in women’s and men’s health, where more invasive and intimate procedures are routinely provided, are invited to view this on-demand online course, and to learn skills for ensuring patients’ emotional and physical health in the physical therapy setting.
Contact hours: 2.5
Format: Online video course with multiple-choice question exam
1. Participants will recognize, understand and respond to the effects of various types of trauma.As it is estimated that up to 70% of people worldwide have been exposed to some type of trauma, it behooves health care professionals to apply universal precautions by providing trauma-sensitive and trauma-informed care.
2. Participants will provide best clinical practice for patients with a history of trauma.
3. Participants will refocus their inner dialogue from “what is wrong with this person?” to “what has happened to this person?”
Note: This information is based on the clinical opinion, research, and clinical work of Talli Rosenbaum unless otherwise cited.
About the Presenter
Talli Yehuda Rosenbaum, MSc., is an individual and couples therapist, and is certified as a sex therapist by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists as well as the Israeli Sex Therapy Association (ITAM). Mrs. Rosenbaum has authored over 30 peer- reviewed journal publications, numerous book chapters, and co-edited a Springer textbook entitled “The Overactive Pelvic Floor.”
She currently serves as associate editor of the peer-reviewed journal Sexual Medicine Reviews. In addition to maintaining her private practice, Mrs. Rosenbaum teaches in several sex therapy and sex counseling
programs in Israel and provides courses internationally for physical therapists in sexual counseling skills.
April 17-April 30, 2019 Pricing
SoWH Members: $225 | Non-Members: $250
May 1-December 31, 2019 Pricing
SoWH Members: $275 | Non-Members: $300
Save money on SoWH courses by becoming a member! Join us!