Announcement | July 3, 2018
On June 6, 2018, SoWH led a Bylaws Town Hall moderated by SoWH President, Carrie Pagliano (video is available to view below). After the town hall, SoWH HQ opened the vote for the proposal presented during the June 6th town hall. The member voting period began on June 7, 2018 and ended on June 29, 2018.
The voting results are as follows: of the 3,010 eligible voters, 172 voters participated (5.71% of eligible vote). 146 (84.9%) votes were cast to approve the proposal, 23 (13/4%) votes were cast against the proposal and 3 (1.7%) votes were in abstention. Having met voting quorum, the Bylaws proposal is approved and the new governance structure in relation to the President role is now in effect.
Beginning immediately, the President role now is manifested in three different transition. A President-Elect will be elected every year. Each President-Elect will serve for one (1) year as President-Elect. During the next year, that leader will serve as President for one (1) year. During the next year, that leader will serve as Past-President for one (1) year.
What are the immediate implications?
- President-Elect = A President-Elect will be elected in a special election during the Fall 2018 timeframe. SoWH HQ in coordination with the Nomination Committee will make an announcement in the very near future regarding this election/nominations calendar. The President-Elect will begin service in 2019 (after CSM) and will have an orientation on October 21-22, 2018.
- President = Carrie Pagliano will continue to serve as the SoWH President until a successor is available. Therefore Carrie Pagliano will serve a two-year term as President in 2018 and 2019. In 2020, she will transition into the Past-President role for one (1) year.
- Past President = Pat Wolfe will be re-instated to the SoWH Board in the new role of Past-President. Like Carrie Pagliano, Pat Wolfe will serve a two-year term as Past President in 2018 and 2019. In 2020, she will transition off of the SoWH Board.
SoWH Members, we encourage you to share your questions, feedback and ideas on the June 2018 Bylaws Proposal, the voting results and the new governance structure (President-Elect to President to Past-President) through the SoWH Member Care & Share form.
Bylaws Proposal Update | for June 6, 2018 Town Hall
On June 6, 2018, the SoWH President, Carrie Pagliano, will lead a SoWH Town Hall on the remaining two amendments the SoWH Membership requested for the SoWH Board of Directors to address by August 2018. The SoWH Town Hall is scheduled for Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 7pm-8pm EST. The following documents are provided to provide reference material and support for all SoWH Members.
- Full Proposed 2018 SoWH Bylaws with new amendments
- Approved 2018 SoWH Bylaws version from February 2018 CSM Business Meeting
- REGISTER for the Wednesday, June 6, 2018 Town Hall
- SUBMIT QUESTIONS for the Wednesday, June 6, 2018 Town Hall
SoWH Members, we encourage you to share your questions, feedback and ideas on the Bylaws Proposal through the SoWH Member Care & Share form.
Bylaws Proposal Update | Jan. 22, 2018
On January 22, 2018, the SoWH Leadership sent an official letter confirming the bylaws change and announcing the membership vote on these proposed changes is scheduled for Friday, February 23rd at the SoWH Business Meeting during the 2018 APTA CSM conference in New Orleans.\
SoWH Members, we encourage you to share your questions, feedback and ideas on the Bylaws Proposal through theSoWH Member Care & Share form.