On September 11-12, 2017 the Student Assembly launched the 2017 Flash Action Strategy asking students to send an email to their Senators and Congressman to repeal the therapy cap. If action is not taken by December 31, 2017, the Medicare cap will go into effect on January 1, 2018.
- Select “Federal Action Center”,
- If selecting “APTA member” enter member and log in using your APTA membership number and password.
- ***Note patients can utilize these form letters by selecting “Patients/Non-members”. They will be prompted for name, address, etc.
- Select “Take Action” located below the federal issue of concern
- Send an email to your representatives by using the “Take Action” button.
- A form letter will populate, with the Senators and Congressman in your district. Each representatives office may request further information of you such as “subject”, “topic” and/or “phone number”.
- By selecting “Medicare cap, Healthcare” from the drop down lists and entering your number you have completed the required fields to send your request to 3 members instantly.
- The app or website will prompt Facebook & Twitter users to post activity. When using Facebook or Twitter, please using the following tags: Twitter #FAS2017 #StoptheCap
Congressional offices count positive and negative responses on each bill.
Be sending an electronic letter, posting on Twitter and Facebook, this one interaction is counted three times by congressional staffers and takes less than a minute!!
Gail Zitterkopf, PT, DPT, CLT, CKTP, chairs the Section on Women’s Health Federal Affairs Subcommittee. She can be reached at [email protected]