Payment Policy and Advocacy
Contacts for Assistance
- Payment Policy and Advocacy (Reimbursement) Chair: Kelly Huestis, MPT. Reimbursement is very regional. SOWH members should direct reimbursement questions to the state representative first. The Payment Policy and Advocacy Chair can help with national reimbursement questions.
- Payment Policy and Advocacy Committee: coming soon!
FAQs in Reimbursement
Billing and Coding Basics
Billing and Coding for treatment of Womens Health Issues
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Educational Tool for your insurer and referrer! Authored by the APTA and SoWH 10/19/2011
- Lymphedema billing and coding 101
- Guide to PT Practice, Practice Patterns
- Medicare Guidelines on Billing Biofeedback Medicare has National Coverage Determinations on Biofeedback Therapy for the Treatment of Urinary Incontinence (publication 100-03, section 30.1.1) and for Non-Implantable Pelvic Floor Electrical Stimulators (publication 100-03, section 230.8)
Current Issues in Reimbursement
- Medicare Cap
- Functional Limitation Reporting -APTA
- Functional Limitation Reporting for the Womens Health Patient-PTNow
- Health Insurance Marketplaces and Essential Health Benefits
- SGR and Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction
Denials and Appeals
- APTA Guidelines
- Journal Articles that Justify Reimbursement of Services
- Sample Appeal Letters (coming soon!)
Call for Payment Policy and Advocacy committee members! Please email with your interest to the chair. Looking for SOWH members in a variety of practice settings who would like to stay current with reimbursement issues and serve as a resource to others. This is a critical area of today´s practice and can assist you with your own questions. Continuing Education in coding and billing may be provided. New women’s health certified specialists; this is your opportunity to share your knowledge base!