Government Affairs Updates for Spring 2014
1) There continues to be problems with the implementation of FLR.? ? Please continue to encourage members to fill out the? complaint form? on the website.? APTA uses this information to collect data on FLR issues and share those issues with CMS.
2) Health Care Reform:? APTA submitted comments on two areas of concern with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Narrowing of provider networks
- Grace period policy
- We?´ve highlighted the need for additional standards for provider networks, to ensure the narrowing of these networks does not impede access? to physical therapy services.
3) APTA also stated that CMS needs to issue further requirements for insurers regarding notice to providers when a patient enters the grace period, because the burden/financial risk is on the provider.
For federal and state updates, click here to stay updated and to get involved!
Ask a Question:
Government Affairs (Federal and State Legislation):
Government Affairs Committee: