Early-Professionals Special Interest Group (EPSIG)
Join the brand-new EPSIG (Early-Professionals Special Interest Group). The EPSIG will provide a forum to connect early-career physical therapy professionals from a variety of clinical disciplines that promotes networking and cross-leveling of information. The EPSIG is a collaborative group dedicated to enhancing the opportunities and knowledge of early professionals. The EPSIG strives to effectively bridge the gap between student and career professional. Their mission is to best prepare early professionals within the specialization (0-5 years) through mentorship, networking, information, advocacy and leadership.
- Provide mentorship and networking opportunities between physical therapist and physical therapist assistant early professionals.
- Encourage research engagement and exchange of information pertinent to physical therapist and physical therapist assistant early professional practice.
- Promote membership, active participation and leadership of early professionals within the SoWH.
- Coordinate activities with the student special interest group (SSIG) to allow for a seamless transition from student to early progressional within the SoWH and APTA.
The EPSIG will be holding elections for its Executive Committee. The following positions will be available:
- PRESIDENT: The President shall be responsible for preparing agendas for and presiding at all SIG and Board meetings; shall report biannually to the SIG membership; and report to the Component in accordance with the policies and bylaws of the Component.
- PRESIDENT ELECT: The President Elect shall assume the duties of the President at the request of the President or in the absence or incapacitation of the President; and oversee SIG committees as a voting committee member. The PE shall submit an annual report of SIG activities, and membership info to the Component annually.
- VICE PRESIDENT: The Vice President shall be responsible for developing and proposing to the Executive Committee the SIG’s annual budget plans, that are subject
to Component approval in the Component’s budget.. The VP shall coordinate with the Component Board Liaison all spending proposals, requests, and activation of finance items from the Component’s budget.
- DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION: The Director of Administration shall work with the Component Nominating Committee to conduct the election of SIG officers; be responsible for keeping the minutes of all SIG and Board meetings; notify SIG members of the date, time, and place of SIG meetings; maintain the SIG’s archives and correspondence; and make SIG’s minutes and rules and regulations available to the membership.
Interest in EPSIG want to apply for an above position? Complete our interest form.
Stay Socially & Professionally Connected!
Use the hashtag #EPSIG to connect with other EPSIG members on social media!
Section on Women’s Health is offering a special opportunity to Early-Professional Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants in their 0-5 years of practice to be considered for a course scholarship at each CAPP course in the Pelvic Health and OB tracks.
To be eligible, you must be in your 0-5 years of practice and must be a current Section on Women’s Health member in good standing. If you are not a member, you can join before completing this application. Join SoWH today here.
For each upcoming CAPP course, 1 Early-Professional PT/PTA will be selected to receive 1 free registration to one of the following courses:
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 (PH2)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 *Bowel Dysfunction* (PH2-BD)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 *Pelvic Pain* (PH2-PP)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 3
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 3 *Hybrid*
- Fundamental Topics of Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy (OBF)
- Advanced Topics of Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy (OBF)
- Considerations & Preparation for Intrapartum Support (OBI)
Results will be announced 2 weeks prior to each course. If you are selected as the scholarship recipient and have already purchased a course for which you are also applying in this application, you will receive a refund for your course registration.
Please note that if you want to take a Level 2 *Bowel Dyfunction* or the Level 2 *Pelvic Pain*, you must take both courses in order to proceed to the Level 3 course.
Applicants will be notified of the results 2 weeks prior to each course.
If you have any questions, please contact the SoWH Office at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in our courses!
The information you enter in this form must be an accurate and true representation of you and your professional status. If it is discovered that false information has been provided by you in your form submission, the SoWH Office reserves the right to reject your application. Once the scholarship is awarded, the awardee cannot transfer the scholarship to another course or another academic year.