Special thanks to our guest speakers for their willingness to allow this recording for SOWH members and others unable to attend CSM 2017. Note that while no CEUs are available for watching this recording, its content adds to the ongoing discussion around the use of dry needling in physical therapy.
ORDER NOW!Members, FREE; Nonmembers, $40.
Recorded with speaker permission February 18, 2017
Kali Aucoin, PT, DPT
Mark Milligan, PT, DPT, Cert. TPS, OCS, FFAOMPT
Scot Morrison, PT, DPT
Kyle Ridgeway, PT, DPT
Kenneth Venere, PT, DPT
Dry needling is arguably the most popular and fastest-growing intervention in physical therapy today. There has been a remarkable increase in continuing education offerings, published research (an eight-fold increase in citations from 2010 to 2015 compared to 2000 to 2005), and legislative battles fighting to protect the right of physical therapists to use dry needling.
This Oxford-style debate addresses the following motion: This house believes PTs should implement dry needling into practice.
Each side was charged with addressing the implementation of dry needling into clinical practice in regards to research, theoretical construct, cost of training, legislative action, and other considerations.
1. Understand and assess the literature base for dry needling.
2. Identify the pros and cons of implementing dry needling into clinical practice.
3. Compare and contrast the arguments for and against implementation of dry needling into clinical practice.
4. Develop an informed stance on dry needling.
No CEUs are awarded for watching this session.
Share this post with friends!
- November 10, 2016 Section on Women’s Health Offers Record Range of Education on Pelvic and Abdominal Physical Therapy at 2017 APTA Combined Sections Meeting FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 10, 2016
CONTACTS: Christina Holladay, SOWH Director of Communications, [email protected]
Sandy Hilton, SOWH Director of […]
- November 10, 2016 The Women’s Health Clinical Specialist Certification: Strategies to Get You To and Through the Exam By Mandi Murtaugh, PT, DPT, WCS,
In 2009, the American Board of Physical Therapist Specialties (ABPTS) administered the first Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS) exam. Since then, […]
- November 22, 2016 “Repairing Rosie” Highlights SOWH’s “Complex Cases in Women’s and Men’s Health” at 2017 CSM CSM 2017 SOWH Session Preview
By Rosaleen Gnoffo, PT, MS, DPT, PCS, and Lisa Sator, PT, DPT, WCS, CLT
Life as Rosaleen “Rosie” Gnoffo knew it literally shattered during the delivery […]
- January 27, 2017 Hamlin Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital and Physical Therapy CSM 2017 SOWH Session Preview
By Gill Brook, MCSP, MSc
Since 2010 I have visited the Hamlin Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital (AAFH) annually to support the team of Ethiopian […]
Tags: Combined Sections Meeting
, dry needling
, emerging topics